What You Need to Make Money
Up to 1,000 subscribers
4,000 hours (240,000 minutes) of watch time in the PAST 12 months (THERE’S NO RESET)
THE SAVAGE APPROACH vs. THE FICHTER APPROACH
ACTIVE CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT – SAVAGE
1. Live Streaming
2. Minimal video prep
3. Hight Volume
4. Outside Social Work
5. High Engagement With Other Channels
PASSIVE CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT – FICHTER
1. High Video Production
4. Graphics work
5. Logo stings
6. Preparation before video
YOUTUBE PHILOSOPHY OF USE
1. objective is to promote view time.
2. View time equates into profit for YT.
3. Youtube search algorithms will not support the small creators
4. Majority of YT energy is given to high traffic channels
5. Revenue is tight for Youtube – You can’t blame them.
6. Adjust your content / design / meta data to foster more view time you will win. Over time
7. Youtube weeds out the non-motivated and those who refuse to fit their mold.
THE YOUTUBE WAY
1. Title / Tags / Description > (Highly Technical For Effectiveness)
2. Thumbnail Design > (Must Attract Attention)
3. Video > (Must Be High Energy and Cool)
4. Like / Sub / Bell / Channel Visit >
1. Title / Tags / Description (BAD)
2. Thumbnail Design (BAD)
3. Video (AWESOME)
1. Title / Tags / Description (AWESOME)
2. Thumbnail Design (AWESOME)
3. Video (BAD)
4. EVENTUAL WIN (will take much longer)
YOU MUST ADAPT TO WIN
★ACTIVE SUB GROWTH ACTIVITY ★
GIVING VS. WANTING
1. Pertains to benefit generated from YOUR ACTION
2. Wanting gets you nowhere on Youtube.
3. give over and over and over to cement your brand in the minds of others. (Timing)
YOUTUBE’S GIVING METHODS
1. Thumbs Up / Like – zero sacrifice or impact to your – content creator is not notified
2. Subscribe – zero sacrifices or impact – except if you have not modified your channel
3. Bell Click – You get the notification.
4. Comment – High sacrifice and awesome for your channel – The best comments do the following
◦ Foster a response
◦ Never be negative
◦ Reference a point in time in the timeline
◦ Comment on a specific part of the video
◦ Repeat Repeat
The focus should be clicking Bells on other channels not receiving subscriber clicks on yours.
TITLES TAGS AND DESCRIPTION
Pertains automatic subscribe generation that happens 24×7 even while you sleep. (MASSIVELY POWERFUL)
1. An effort to gain new subscribers from a pool of one BILLION Youtube Users.
2. THE FISHING REFERENCE: Your catching more subs buy building more fishing poles with worms that taste better.
( Massive Discussion Here) – Energy spent here can take longer than creating/editing your video.
• Title – It must directly reflect the subject of the videos
• Try to use language that will allow you to support more than one tag
• VidIQ or TubeBuddy for tag creation will put you at a MASSIVE advantage
• Savage will say tags don’t matter – I agree but only for channels with healthy followed channels. High bell levels.
THUMBNAIL TECHNIQUES – PASSIVE WORK
1. Contrasting Color Is VERY Important – Avoid purple and blues on black, yellow on orange,
2. Have a Primary title with a supportive title below
3. Main Point of Header Should be short and simple
4. Use your face. Use a different expression every time. YOU ARE THE PRODUCT
5. Avoid cursive fonts
6. Upload at the highest resolution. Do not compress your JPEG. Let YT do it.
7. Did you know that Google makes a judgment based on the design of your thumb? https://cloud.google.com/vision/docs/drag-and-drop
ARE MY THUMBS WORKING? HOW TO GET ANSWERS
1. Go to Creator Studio > Youtube Studio Beta > Analytics > Reach Viewers
2. Look at the Click Through Rate
3. Look at the white section under “Impressions”
• 2% (Flooded Niche with No design)
• 2%-5% (Need Improvement)
• 5% -10% (Well done)
• 10% and up (God Level or Good Niche)
TITLES AND TAGS
• Think about this BEFORE making your video.
• Review What the Competition Is Using
• A title must be literal
• Use a title that allows you to use multiple Tags. Make them a bit longer
◦ Bad “Fix Your Car” Good “Fix Your Toyota Sienna SE Van”
• character count under 66 characters
• Use the word “Video” if you can. CTR does better with that word for some reason.
• Invest in TubeBuddy or Vid IQ – THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
THE FANTASTIC POWER OF TIMING
1. Subject Awareness and Keeping and Eer to the tracks is Key.
2. Sleepers lose
3. The 8 Second Rule
4. Belling and commenting first.
5. Google Trends!
6. Clicking harts and likes – don’t do it right away.
7. Using music ends to time with the end of your video
8. Using music beginnings to time with the beginning of sections of the video.
9. Commenting first means it will get read every time by the creator. CLICK THE BELL!!!!
10. Google Trends
11. Listening for topics on the news
12. The Mitten Dad – Range finder product review right on the start of the hunting season
13. ScreenFlow 8 story.
14. He who makes it first gets rewarded by the algorithm
FANTASTIC YOUTUBE COMMUNITIES
1. James Cox – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxJMrg0EHxFza3e_Vv31YaA
2. Angel Domingue – https://www.youtube.com/user/angelsonboard
3. Micheal Feyer – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE6MSh7T4B3trx3VS_uPBmA
5. Needs More Subs – http://needsmoresubs.com/Channels/
6. Meetups – https://www.meetup.com/
7. Tube Buddy Forums – https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php
8. Reddits -https://old.reddit.com/r/youtubers/
9. Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/YouTubeCreators/
LEARNING WHERE YOU STAND ANALYTICS
Your Public Sub Count Is not What Youtube Looks at
How to total Watch Minutes for the year.
NEVER STOP LEARNING
NEVER STOP BEING SELF CRITICAL
NEVER STOP CHANGING FOR THE BETTER
YOU CAN NEVER REACH POTENTIAL BUT YOU CAN STOP TRYING TO GET THERE
KEEP FIGHTING KEEP FIGHTING KEEP FIGHTING KEEP FIGHTING.